New Cleansing Routine
So last week, I detailed my new detangling/deep conditioning routine. I also changed my cleansing routine. As you know, I follow the Curly Girl Method and I don’t use shampoo on my hair. I have not used shampoo since my first month post BC. For awhile I was using conditioner as my cleanser and I just wasn’t thrilled with my product of choice – Nothin But Co-Wash by Soft N’ Free. I started looking for a non-shampoo option for cleansing my scalp.
I got this routine from the same person that I got my new detangling routine from, LovelyAnneka on YouTube. She uses a mixture of Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castille Soap, Apple Cidar Vinegar, Olive Oil and Water to cleanse.
For my personal use, I’ve figured out the measurements that work for my length.
2 TBSP – Peppermint Castille Soap
1 TBSP – Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TSP – Oil of choice (I use Jojoba)
1 Cup – Water
After I detangle, and clip the four sections, hop in the shower and then follow these cleansing steps:
- I rinse the conditioner while my hair is still in the clips
- I start in the back and work one section at a time
- I spray my cleansing mixture on the section and make sure it’s saturated
- Using my fingers, I cleanse my scalp in a circular motion
- I follow up with a quick detangle again (since my hair is curly/coily, it gets intertwined easily)
- Re-clip the section and repeat on the next one
- Once all four sections are complete, I rinse the four sections again
My Natural Sistas DIY Leave In Detangler ReviewNovember 24th, 2015
Holy Grail Natural Hair ProductAugust 8th, 2015
Q&A Friday: Episode 4 – How to Moisturize Natural HairOctober 17th, 2014
Q&A Friday: Episode 3 – Can Color Change Your Curl Pattern?October 11th, 2014
Q & A Friday: Episode 2: Using Oil as a MoisturizerSeptember 12th, 2014