Days 18 -19: 31 Days to Reset Your LIfe
Day 18: Keep a Gratitude Log
Today’s exercise challenged me to be mindful of the things, big or small, that I am grateful for. The list could include anything from people or emotions to circumstances and I was challenged to do at least five. Although I didn’t think I was as mindful as I should have been, when I was twisting my hair and thinking about my day, I had made mental notes for this exercise.
Things I’m grateful for:
- My health
- A co-worker just found out that she has a benign tumor behind her eye (causing her eye to bulge out) and it requires surgery. She is a new wife and has kids – a very scary situation. Although I have some aches and pains and I am not always 100%, I am fairly good health and for that I’m grateful.
- My job
- Yes, I said it! LOL! Those of you who know me, know that I struggle with my job, but today I realized that while it’s not perfect – it’s what most people consider a good job. I have flexibility, it’s close to home, I’m not micro-managed and I’m good at what I do. It pays me enough to take care of my responsibilities and for these things I’m grateful.
- My finances/credit
- My heat stopped working a few days ago and I finally got a technician out and of course, some parts were worn and not working. Although the cost was more than I anticipated, I didn’t even blink twice because I have the full amount in savings or I have the option to finance same as cash and pay it off in a more reasonable time frame. I am grateful to have these options
- My family
- My mom was the one who came to my house and waited for the service guy – in the process, she cleaned my bedroom, my kitchen & my son’s room for no other reason other than she’s my mom. I love her and I’m grateful for her
- My character
- I had a candid talk with my boss today and while I was respectful, I stated my concern and expressed my thoughts. Why? Because that’s who I am, I don’t hold my tongue and that helps me keep my stress levels down. I’m grateful that I am me, because really that’s the only person I know how to be.
**This list is not exhaustive of all the things I’m grateful for, but I put the ones that stood out to me today.
My 19: Find a Good Therapist
This one is self explanatory. While this program can be therapeutic in nature, it was not created by a licensed professional and self reflection is not a substitute for therapy. I know this topic is touchy and many people don’t believe in therapy. For me, talking to someone that is removed from my situation helps me because when people know you personally, their advice can change based on their feelings for you.
I have a therapist that I’m comfortable with and have been seeing her on and off for some time now.
My Bold is BEAUTIFUL!July 18th, 2014
Day 29: 31 Days to Reset Your Life – Create a Bucket ListDecember 19th, 2013
Day 28: 31 Days to Reset Your Life – Let Go of Your PastDecember 16th, 2013
Day 6: 31 Days to Reset Your Life – Personal Mission Statement RevisitedDecember 10th, 2013
Day 26 & 27: 31 Days to Reset Your LifeDecember 7th, 2013